Full Disclosure Policy Affecting CME Activities:
As sponsors accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the American Nurses' Credentialing Center (ANCC), and the American Council on Pharmacy Education (ACPE), it is the policy of Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, The Institute for Johns Hopkins Nursing, and the University of Tennessee College of Pharmacy to require the disclosure of the existence of any significant financial interest or any other relationship a faculty member or a sponsor has with the manufacturer(s) of any commercial product(s) discussed in an educational presentation. The Program Director and Participating Faculty reported the following:
Peter S. Staats, MD
Metzger Pain Management
Shrewsbury, New Jersey
Adjunct Associate Professor
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine
Department of Oncology
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
• Dr Staats reports receiving grants/research support from Elan Corporation, Medtronic, Inc, and Pfizer Inc and serving as a consultant to Advanced Neuromodulation Systems, Inc,
Elan Corporation, Johnson & Johnson, and Pfizer Inc.
Charles E. Argoff, MD
Cohn Pain Management Center
North Shore University Hospital
Bethpage, New York
• Dr Argoff reports receiving grants/research support from Allergan Inc, Elan Corporation, Endo Pharmaceuticals, Kadmus Pharmaceuticals, Inc, and Pfizer Inc; serving as a consultant to Eli Lilly and Company, Endo Pharmaceuticals, and Kadmus Pharmaceuticals, Inc; and receiving honoraria from Allergan Inc, Elan Corporation, Endo Pharmaceuticals, and Pfizer Inc.
Randall Brewer, MD
Division of Neurosurgical Anesthesia
Duke Pain & Palliative Care Center
Duke University Medical Center
Durham, North Carolina
• Dr Brewer reports receiving grants/research support from Merck & Co, Inc; serving
as a consultant to Endo Pharmaceuticals; and receiving honoraria from Endo Pharmaceuticals and Pfizer Inc.
Yvonne D'Arcy, MS, CRNP, CNS
Pain Management Nurse Practitioner
Pain and Palliative Care Outcomes Center
• Ms D'Arcy reports serving on the speakersÕ bureau for Endo Pharmaceuticals and
Purdue Pharma LP.
Rollin M. Gallagher, MD, MPH
Pain Medicine and Rehabilitation Center
Medical College of Pennsylvania Hospital
• Dr Gallagher reports receiving grants/research support from Eli Lilly and Company, Endo Pharmaceuticals, excelleRx, Inc, and Janssen Pharmaceutica; and serving as a consultant to Elan Corporation, Eli Lilly and Company, Endo Pharmaceuticals, excelleRx, Inc, Janssen Pharmaceutica,
and Pfizer Inc.
William McCarberg, MD, FABPM
Chronic Pain Management Program
• Dr McCarberg reports serving on the speakers' bureau for Endo Pharmaceutials, Janssen Pharmaceutica, Pfizer Inc, and Purdue Pharma LP.
Lori Reisner, PharmD
Associate Clinical Professor of Pharmacy
School of Pharmacy
University of California
• Dr Reisner reports serving as a consultant to Endo Pharmaceuticals and Janssen Pharmaceutica, and receiving honoraria from Pfizer Inc.
In accordance with the ACCME Standards for Commercial Support, the audience is advised that one or more articles in this continuing medical education activity may contain reference(s) to unlabeled or unapproved uses of drugs or devices. The following faculty members have disclosed that they have referenced the following unlabeled/unapproved uses of drugs or devices:
Dr Argoff—antidepressants, anticonvulsants.
Dr Reisner—gabapentin, lidocaine, and tricyclic antidepressants.
All other faculty have indicated that they have not referenced unlabeled/unapproved uses of drugs or devices.
Advanced Studies in Medicine provides disclosure information from contributing authors, lead presenters, and participating faculty. Advanced Studies in Medicine does not provide disclosure information from authors of abstracts and poster presentations. The reader shall be advised that these contributors may or may not maintain financial relationships with pharmaceutical companies.