Full Disclosure Policy Affecting CME Activities:
As a provider accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), it is the policy of Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine to require the disclosure of the existence of any significant financial interest or any other relationship a faculty member or a sponsor has with the manufacturer(s) of any commercial product(s) discussed in an educational presentation. The Program Directors and Participating Faculty reported the following:
Stephen J. Noga, MD, PhD
Department of Oncology and Pathology Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
Director, Medical Oncology and Hematology
The Alvin & Lois Lapidus Cancer Institute
• Dr Noga reports serving as a consultant for Amgen, Aventis, Ortho Biotech, and Tebotec; and receiving honoraria from Millennium Pharmaceuticals.
Jerry L. Spivak, MD
Department of Medicine-Hematology
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
• Dr Spivak reports having no significant financial or advisory relationships with corporate organizations related to this activity.
William I. Bensinger, MD
Professor of Medicine
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
Department of Medicine
University of Washington
• Dr Bensinger reports receiving grants/research support from Amgen, Annormed, Cellgene, and NeoRx; serving as a consultant for Amgen, Annormed, and NeoRx; and receiving honoraria from Amgen, Annormed, Cellgene, and NeoRx.
Douglas E. Peterson, DMD, PhD
Professor and Head
Department of Oral Diagnosis
School of Dental Medicine
University of Connecticut Health Center
• Dr Peterson reports receiving grants/research support from McNeil Consumer Healthcare, Pfizer Inc, and RxKinetix; and serving as a consultant for Helsinn Healthcare SA and Nuvelo.
Ricardo T. Spielberger, MD
Division of Hematology and Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation
Kaiser Permanente Bone Marrow Transplantation Program
City of Hope National Medical Center
• Dr Spielberger reports serving as a consultant for Amgen.
Notice: The audience is advised that an article in this CE activity contains reference(s) to unlabeled or unapproved uses of drugs or devices.
Dr Peterson—Aesgen-14, benzydamine hydrochloride, repifermin, RK-0202, and transforming growth factor b3.
All other faculty have indicated that they have not referenced unlabeled/unapproved uses of drugs or devices.
Advanced Studies in Medicine provides disclosure information from contributing authors, lead presenters, and participating faculty. Advanced Studies in Medicine does not provide disclosure information from authors of abstracts and poster presentations. The reader shall be advised that these contributors may or may not maintain financial relationships with pharmaceutical companies.