Full Disclosure Policy Affecting CE Activities:
As a sponsor accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), it is the policy of the University of Tennessee College of Pharmacy to require the disclosure of the existence of any significant financial interest or any other relationship a faculty member or a sponsor has with the manufacturer(s) of any commercial product(s) discussed in an educational presentation. The Program Directors and Participating Faculty reported the following:
Glen E. Farr, PharmD
Professor of Pharmacy
Associate Dean for Continuing Education
University of Tennessee College of Pharmacy
• Dr Farr reports serving as a consultant to sanofi-aventis and receiving honoraria from Bristol-Myers Squibb Company and Pfizer Inc.
David P. Nicolau, PharmD, FCCP
Center for Anti-Infective Research and Development
• Dr Nicolau reports receiving grants/research support and honoraria from Abbott Laboratories, Bayer Pharmaceuticals Corporation, sanofi-aventis, and Schering-Plough Corporation; and serving as a consultant to AstraZeneca LP, Ortho-McNeil Pharmaceutical, Inc, and Wyeth.
Richard H. Drew, PharmD, MS, BCPS
Campbell University School of Medicine
Buies Creek, North Carolina
Assistant Research Professor, Infectious Diseases
Duke University School of Medicine
Durham, North Carolina
• Dr Drew reports serving as a consultant to Schering-Plough Corporation and Wyeth, and serving on the speakers' bureau for Enzon, Inc, sanofi-aventis, and Ortho-McNeil Pharmaceutical,Inc.
Michael B. Kays, PharmD, BCPS, FCCP
Associate Professor of Pharmacy Practice
Purdue University School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
• Dr Kays reports receiving grants/research support from Abbott Laboratories, Bayer
Pharmaceuticals Corporation, Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, GlaxoSmithKline,
Ortho-McNeil Pharmaceutical, Inc, Pfizer Inc, and sanofi-aventis.
Charles W. Stratton, MD
Associate Professor of Medicine and Pathology
Vanderbilt University School of Medicine
• Dr Stratton reports having no financial or advisory relationships with corporate organizations related to this activity.
Notice: In accordance with the ACPE Criteria for Quality, the audience is advised that articles in this continuing pharmaceutical education activity contains no reference(s) to unlabeled or unapproved uses of drugs or devices.
Advanced Studies in Pharmacy provides disclosure information from contributing authors, lead presenters, and participating faculty. Advanced Studies in Pharmacy does not provide disclosure information from authors of abstracts and poster presentations. The reader shall be advised that these contributors may or may not maintain financial relationships with pharmaceutical companies.