|Full Disclosure Policy Affecting CE Activities:
As a sponsor accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), it is the policy of the University of Tennessee College of Pharmacy to require the disclosure of the existence of any significant financial interest or any other relationship a faculty member or a sponsor has with the manufacturer(s) of any commercial product(s) discussed in an educational presentation. The Program Director and Participating Faculty reported the following:
Jacquelyn L. Bainbridge, PharmD, FCCP
Department of Clinical Pharmacy
University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center
• Dr Bainbridge reports receiving grants/research support from Biogen Idec; and receiving honoraria from Teva Neuroscience and Serono.
Jeffrey L. Bennett, MD, PhD
Notice: In accordance with the ACPE Criteria for Quality, the audience is advised that articles in this continuing pharmaceutical education activity may contain reference(s) to unlabeled or unapproved uses of drugs or devices.
Associate Professor of Neurology and Ophthalmology
University of Colorado Health Sciences Center
• Dr Bennett reports receiving grants/research support from EMD Serono and Pfizer Inc; serving as a consultant for Biogen Idec, EMD Serono, Pfizer Inc, and Teva Neuroscience; and receiving honoraria from EMD Serono and Pfizer Inc.
Richard L. Cook, PharmD
Adjunct Clinical Assistant Professor
Manager, Clinical and Quality Programs
University of Michigan College of Pharmacy
Ann Arbor, Michigan
• Dr Cook reports receiving honoraria from Berlex, Biogen Idec, and Teva Neuroscience.
Ellen Whipple Guthrie, PharmD
Clinical Assistant Professor
University of Georgia College of Pharmacy
• Dr Guthrie reports serving as a consultant for the Multiple Sclerosis Foundation; and being a stock shareholder of Teva Pharmaceuticals.
Amy C. Rauchway, DO
Diplomate of the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Department of Neurology
Saint Louis University
St. Louis, Missouri
• Dr Rauchway reports receiving grants/research support from EMD Serono and Pfizer Inc; serving as a consultant for Bayer Healthcare, EMD Serono, and Teva Neuroscience; and receiving honoraria from Teva Neuroscience.
Melody Ryan, PharmD, MPH, BCPS, CGP
Department of Pharmacy Practice and Science
University of Kentucky College of Pharmacy
Department of Neurology
University of Kentucky College of Medicine
Clinical Pharmacy Specialist (WOC)
Lexington VA Medical Center
• Dr Ryan reports having no significant financial or advisory relationships with corporate organizations related to this activity.
Kim Tallian, PharmD, BCPP, FASHP, FCSHP
Pharmacy Psychiatry Specialist
University of California, San Diego Medical Center
Pediatric Neurology Pharmacist
Rady's Children's Hospital, San Diego
Assistant Clinical Professor
University of California, San Diego School of Pharmacy
University of California, San Francisco School of Pharmacy
San Diego, California
• Dr Tallian reports serving as a consultant for the San Diego Regional Center for Developmentally Delayed and California Institute of Mental Health.
John Watkins, RPh, MPH
Director of Pharmacy Formulary Development
Premera Blue Cross
Mountlake Terrace, Washington
• Dr Watkins reports having no significant financial or advisory relationships with corporate organizations related to this activity.
Dr Ryan–interferon beta-1a, interferon beta-1b, and glatiramer acetate.
All other faculty have indicated that they have not referenced unlabeled/unapproved uses of drugs or devices.
University of Tennessee Advanced Studies in Pharmacy provides disclosure information from contributing authors, lead presenters, and participating faculty. University of Tennessee Advanced Studies in Pharmacy does not provide disclosure information from authors of abstracts and poster presentations. The reader shall be advised that these contributors may or may not maintain financial relationships with pharmaceutical companies.